Our overall aim is to provide outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers for schools in our local area, who demonstrate excellent practice and professionalism.
How do we achieve this?
- Select highly qualified, aspirational and motivated Trainees.
- Work with local good and outstanding partnership schools.
- Personalise the training programme to the needs of each individual Trainee, so that all can achieve regardless of age, sex, or ethnic background.
- Provide each Trainee with a mentor and teacher tutor to support progress and development.
- Enhance the training with visits to other school settings.
- Provide high quality core based training in our SCITT Centre, led by expert teachers and specialists.
- Provide training to address national priorities and develop subject knowledge.
- Recommend QTS to successful trainees.
- Work closely with an HEI partner (Oxford Brookes University) to provide PGCE level study, which enable trainees to practice through research – led learning.
- Continue to support trainees into their NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) year.
Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT leads a learning community committed to supporting and encouraging a passion for learning across the primary school age range. We will seek to develop individuals to become independent, reflective, creative, innovative, collaborative and resilient teachers, to ensure that the quality of Teaching and Learning in our local area (High Wycombe and other areas of Buckinghamshire) is outstanding.