Case Studies and references
This year, all of our trainees have jobs as Newly Qualified Teachers from September 2017 . They all achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), with more trainees passed at ‘outstanding’ levels and many including the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) option.
Quotes from 2016/17 Students:
- The SCITT training course covers all aspects of becoming a primary school teacher – I could not be better prepared for my NQT year.
- As a result of the support and guidance I have received from the partnership I feel so ready for September.
- Joining the SCITT was one of the best decisions I have made. All those involved have been hand-picked to provide the most-fulfilling learning experience. Despite the challenges, I am proud of my progress alongside my fellow trainees. The support available is a great asset of the course.
- All of the hard work pays off! The SCITT team are all amazing and supportive throughout the year. At the end of the training you really do feel prepared to have a class of your own. It is a great training programme with great results.
- This has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. The school and SCITT staff have been incredibly supportive and helpful and I feel 100% prepared to start my teaching career in September.
- The SCITT programme has provided a fantastic range of experiences this year. It has been extremely rewarding and the support given by tutors, mentors and SCITT managers has been invaluable.
- Always engaging sessions at the SCITT centre, I feel that I can use the next week in my training. Such a range of training sessions – from playing football to doing a phonics screening test. I really feel that I am fully prepared for my NQT. Enjoy the journey because it does go by so quickly!
- Hard work but very rewarding. It has been a great year working alongside the other students. We have all become close friends and I feel prepared and supported for my NQT year.
- The support and guidance I have received on the course have been excellent. I feel ready to begin my NQT year.
- Throughout the year I have been guided by my teacher tutors who have enabled me to develop as a teacher alongside the fantastic SCITT training. It’s been a challenging but very rewarding year.
- One of the most rewarding and unforgettable experiences I have been a part of. I can’t wait to start my NQT year feeling fully prepared due to the support and training I have received.
- I have grown so much as a teacher over the past year. The SCITT has been a fantastic opportunity to experiment, practise and reflect. I have felt supported and valued by the team every step of the way.
- Great training sessions and great support from the programme tutors. Cracking jokes at the right time!
- The course has been challenging but very rewarding. Teacher tutors and course leaders have been very supportive ensuring that I reach my full potential. A never-forgetting experience that has prepared me well for my NQT year.
Quotes from 2015/16 Students:
- The support I’ve had this year has been perfect – over the year I have learned so much and been guided by some wonderful people.
- This course has been fantastic! I took a year out of uni and worked for a year in a school setting and I couldn’t imagine going back to lectures. I enjoyed being in a school setting so much I knew this was the route for me. Not only are you provided with quality guidance and training to receive QTS but the programme also offers the PGCE.
- My journey of attaining a QTS is a real eye opener as you learn so much throughout the course. Every centre-based training was valuable and I have built a good source of knowledge on how to teach every child. Looking forward to a bright future thanks to Chepping View Primary Academy.
- I always wanted to be a teacher but had little experience of being in the classroom. Therefore I chose to do this SCITT course, it is very practical allowing you to spend maximum time in the classroom which prepares you well for your teaching career. This course offers excellent training with fantastic support. A big bonus for me were the local placement schools as it saved time and this is crucial for your training year.
- Having not worked in schools before, the extended placements in school (versus university-based training) were invaluable to learn from teachers and build my confidence. It was great to be able to combine the SCITT QTS with a well-regarded PGCE qualification. My teacher tutors and school-based mentor have been wonderful.
- The benefit of this course over a (University based equivalent) is the amount of time spent in school teaching. I can safely say that I feel confident in my teaching ability after spending so much time in the classroom on varied placements interacting directly with children and staff. I would definitely recommend this course if you want to be immersed in the teaching profession.
- Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT has given me the opportunity to fulfill my desired career path with ease and confidence. I have made lifelong friends and thank Chepping View for the experiences afforded to me.
- We aim for our Trainees to be employed locally, if possible within our partnership schools and provide reference any support we can.