Why Train With Us
Welcome. Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT is an accredited provider of school-centred initial training.
We support and train highly qualified graduates, preparing them in the best way possible to become outstanding primary school teachers and the school leaders of the future.
- We offer a specialist ‘general primary’ (5-11 years) teacher training course based in schools in High Wycombe, Marlow and other areas of Buckinghamshire.
- On completion of the one year course, successful trainees will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Trainees may also attend seminars run by Oxford Brookes University, which take place at Chepping View. Successful completion of this course element will result in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), gaining 60 Master credits.
- Chepping View Primary Academy is an innovative and vibrant outstanding school. It is a National Teaching school. Our core training is delivered in our SCITT centre, adjacent to the school. Training is delivered by practising teachers who are able to share with trainees the very real demands, challenges and joys of primary teaching today. Training covers the range of subject knowledge and skills required to fully meet the requirements of the Teaching Standards and become a successful teaching professional.
- Each trainee is offered the opportunity to widen their breadth of study through a short placement in EYFS, a secondary school and a special school.
- Chepping View Primary Academy is the lead school of a partnership of schools in Wycombe, Marlow and across Buckinghamshire. During the year, our trainees will gain experience and training in two different partnership schools under the supervision of accomplished, experienced teachers. We arrange all the placements for each trainee.
- Trainees will become qualified to teach across the 5 – 11 age range.
- The Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT team work together to provide a personalised training programme, tailored to each individual’s strengths and needs. Trainees benefit from a highly personalised programme of study which can be adapted to suit their strengths, needs and areas of interest. There is the opportunity to enhance trainees’ skills in an area of their choice such as EYFS, SEN, Maths, English and ICT plus others. Trainees are required to reflect on their experiences to improve their practice.
- Support and advice is given to help every successful trainee to gain employment and many choose to work within partnership schools.
To see our successful Ofsted report click here: https://www.cheppingviewscitt.com/ofsted-inspection-report-pgce-and-qts/