Our overall aim is to provide outstanding Early Career Teachers for schools in our local area, who demonstrate excellent practice and professionalism.
How do we achieve this?
- Select highly qualified, aspirational and motivated trainees.
- Work with local good and outstanding partnership schools.
- Provide each trainee with a School-based Mentor and Teacher Tutor to support progress and development.
- Provide high quality personalised, core based training in our SCITT Centre, led by expert teachers and specialists which addresses national priorities and develops subject knowledge.
- Enhance the training with visits to other school settings.
- Recommend QTS to successful trainees.
- Work closely with a HEI partner (Oxford Brookes University) to provide PGCE level study, which enable trainees to practise through research – led learning.
- Continue to support trainees into their ECT (Early Career) year.
Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT leads a community committed to supporting and encouraging a passion for learning across the primary school age range. We will seek to develop individuals to become independent, reflective, creative, innovative, collaborative and resilient teachers, to ensure that the quality of teaching and learning in our local area (High Wycombe and the surrounding areas) is outstanding.