Case Studies and References
All of our 2020-2021 trainees have now started their journey as Early Career Teachers (in September 2021) . They all achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), with some of our cohort also receiving their Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
Quotes from past SCITT trainee teachers:
- Thanks to the incredible support of my Teacher Tutor and the team at Chepping View SCITT, I am now ready to start my teaching career. I am excited and nervous, but couldn’t be better equipped for the experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Joining the SCITT was one of the best decisions I have made. All those involved have been hand-picked to provide the most-fulfilling learning experience. Despite the challenges, I am proud of my progress alongside my fellow trainees. The support available is a great asset of the course.
- All of the hard work pays off! The SCITT team are all amazing and supportive throughout the year. At the end of the training you really do feel prepared to have a class of your own. It is a great training programme with great results.
- I chose the SCITT programme because I wanted to be fully immersed in the primary school experience from day one! The programme has provided plenty of practical experience, as well as high-quality training carried out by knowledgeable and experienced practitioners. I now feel sufficiently trained and experienced to take on my new role as an ECT in September!
- The guest speakers SCITT organised were very experienced in their areas and provided us with lots of opportunities to extend our knowledge and reflect upon experiences. The hands-on learning and support from the team, speakers and mentors- both in school and out of school, allowed for lots of professional development. Within the 3-7 course, we were able to have many opportunities to see different settings and how they delivered the Early Years Foundation Stage and the trainers selected we knowledgeable and highly experienced. I am really glad I did the course this way- not only did I gain professionally, but met a group of amazing people who were with me every step of the way- whatever the hour.
- The course is rigorous and demanding and of high quality. I am now at the end of the learning journey and feel that I have sufficient and effective practices to teach my own class. Chepping View SCITT have supported me well and I have always felt that I could
reach out for further help or guidance. Thank you to the entire team.
- Throughout the year I have been guided by my Teacher Tutors who have enabled me to develop as a teacher alongside the fantastic SCITT training. It’s been a challenging but very rewarding year.
- I have grown so much as a teacher over the past year. The SCITT has been a fantastic opportunity to experiment, practise and reflect. I have felt supported and valued by the team every step of the way.
- The course has been challenging but very rewarding. Teacher Tutors and SCITT Leaders have been very supportive ensuring that I reach my full potential.