Case Studies and references
This year, all of our trainees have started their journey as Newly Qualified Teachers from September 2020 . They all achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), with more trainees passing at ‘outstanding’ levels and many including the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) option.
Quotes from past SCITT trainee teachers:
- The SCITT training course covers all aspects of becoming a primary school teacher – I could not be better prepared for my NQT year.
- Joining the SCITT was one of the best decisions I have made. All those involved have been hand-picked to provide the most-fulfilling learning experience. Despite the challenges, I am proud of my progress alongside my fellow trainees. The support available is a great asset of the course.
- All of the hard work pays off! The SCITT team are all amazing and supportive throughout the year. At the end of the training you really do feel prepared to have a class of your own. It is a great training programme with great results.
- This has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. The school and SCITT staff have been incredibly supportive and helpful and I feel 100% prepared to start my teaching career in September.
- The guest speakers SCITT organised were very experienced in their areas and provided us with lots of opportunities to extend our knowledge and reflect upon experiences. The hands-on learning and support from the team, speakers and mentors- both in school and out of school, allowed for lots of professional development. Within the 3-7 course, we were able to have many opportunities to see different settings and how they delivered the Early Years Foundation Stage and the trainers selected we knowledgeable and highly experienced. I am really glad I did the course this way- not only did I gain professionally, but met a group of amazing people who were with me every step of the way- whatever the hour.
- The support and guidance I have received on the course have been excellent. I feel ready to begin my NQT year.
- Throughout the year I have been guided by my Teacher Tutors who have enabled me to develop as a teacher alongside the fantastic SCITT training. It’s been a challenging but very rewarding year.
- I have grown so much as a teacher over the past year. The SCITT has been a fantastic opportunity to experiment, practise and reflect. I have felt supported and valued by the team every step of the way.
- The course has been challenging but very rewarding. Teacher Tutors and SCITT Leaders have been very supportive ensuring that I reach my full potential.