Case Studies and references
This year, all of our trainees have started their journey as Newly Qualified Teachers from September 2019 . They all achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), with more trainees passing at ‘outstanding’ levels and many including the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) option.
Quotes from 2018/19 trainee teachers:
- The SCITT training course covers all aspects of becoming a primary school teacher – I could not be better prepared for my NQT year.
- As a result of the support and guidance I have received from the partnership I feel so ready for September.
- Joining the SCITT was one of the best decisions I have made. All those involved have been hand-picked to provide the most-fulfilling learning experience. Despite the challenges, I am proud of my progress alongside my fellow trainees. The support available is a great asset of the course.
- All of the hard work pays off! The SCITT team are all amazing and supportive throughout the year. At the end of the training you really do feel prepared to have a class of your own. It is a great training programme with great results.
- This has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. The school and SCITT staff have been incredibly supportive and helpful and I feel 100% prepared to start my teaching career in September.
- The SCITT programme has provided a fantastic range of experiences this year. It has been extremely rewarding and the support given by tutors, mentors and SCITT managers has been invaluable.
- Always engaging sessions at the SCITT centre, I feel that I can use the next week in my training. Such a range of training sessions – from playing football to doing a phonics screening test. I really feel that I am fully prepared for my NQT. Enjoy the journey because it does go by so quickly!
- Hard work but very rewarding. It has been a great year working alongside the other students. We have all become close friends and I feel prepared and supported for my NQT year.
- The support and guidance I have received on the course have been excellent. I feel ready to begin my NQT year.
- Throughout the year I have been guided by my teacher tutors who have enabled me to develop as a teacher alongside the fantastic SCITT training. It’s been a challenging but very rewarding year.
- One of the most rewarding and unforgettable experiences I have been a part of. I can’t wait to start my NQT year feeling fully prepared due to the support and training I have received.
- I have grown so much as a teacher over the past year. The SCITT has been a fantastic opportunity to experiment, practise and reflect. I have felt supported and valued by the team every step of the way.
- Great training sessions and great support from the programme tutors. Cracking jokes at the right time!
- The course has been challenging but very rewarding. Teacher tutors and course leaders have been very supportive ensuring that I reach my full potential. A never-forgetting experience that has prepared me well for my NQT year.