Why Train With Us
Welcome to Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT, an accredited provider of primary school teacher training in Buckinghamshire.
We support and train highly qualified graduates, preparing them in the best way possible to become outstanding primary school teachers and the school leaders of the future.
A lead school in school centred initial teacher training
- Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT is part of Chepping View Primary Academy, an innovative and vibrant outstanding school based in High Wycombe. It is a National Teaching School as well as the lead school of a partnership of schools in Wycombe, Marlow and across Buckinghamshire (Wycombe and Marlow Teaching Schools Alliance).
- We offer general primary (5-11 years) and Early Years (3-7 years) teacher training courses based in schools in High Wycombe, Marlow and surrounding towns and villages.
A personalised approach to training
- The Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT team work together to provide a personalised training programme, tailored to each individual’s strengths and needs which can be adapted to suit their strengths, needs and areas of interest. It covers the range of subject knowledge and skills required to fully meet the requirements of the Teachers Standards and become a successful teaching professional.
- Each trainee is offered the opportunity to widen their breadth of study through a short placement in EYFS, a secondary school and a special school.
- Trainees may also attend seminars run by Oxford Brookes University, which take place at Chepping View. Successful completion of this course element will result in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), gaining 60 Master credits.
- On completion of the one year course, successful trainees will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Expertise and experience on hand
- Training is delivered by practising teachers who are able to share with trainees the very real demands, challenges and joys of primary teaching today as well as relevant and recent educational pedagogy and research.
- During the year, our trainees will gain experience and training in two different partnership schools under the supervision of accomplished, experienced teachers.
- Support and advice is given to help every successful trainee to gain employment and many choose to work within our partnership schools.