Why Train with Us
Welcome to Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT, an accredited provider of primary school teacher training in Buckinghamshire.
We support and train highly qualified graduates, preparing them in the best way possible to become outstanding primary school teachers and the school leaders of the future.
A lead school in school-centred initial teacher training
- Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT is part of Chepping View Primary Academy, an innovative and vibrant outstanding school based in High Wycombe which is part of the Inspiring Futures Partnership Trust. Chepping View Primary Academy is a National Support School which involves staff supporting other schools in the local area and county wide. It is also a behaviour hub lead school.
- We offer General Primary (3-7 years) and General Primary (5-11 years) teacher training programmes based in schools in High Wycombe, Marlow and surrounding towns and villages.
A personalised approach to training
- The Chepping View Primary Academy SCITT team work together to provide a personalised training programme, which can be adapted to suit the strengths, needs and areas of interest of our trainee cohort. It covers the range of subject knowledge and skills required to fully meet the requirements of the Teachers’ Standards and become a successful teaching professional.
- Each trainee is offered the opportunity to widen their breadth of study through a short placement in the EYFS, a secondary school and a special school.
- Trainees may also attend seminars run by Oxford Brookes University, which take place at the Chepping View SCITT centre. Successful completion of this course element will result in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), gaining 60 Masters credits.
- On completion of the one year SCITT course, successful trainees will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Expertise and experience on hand
- Training is delivered by practising teachers and senior leaders who are able to share with trainees the very real demands, challenges and joys of primary teaching today as well as relevant and recent educational pedagogy and evidence-based research.
- During the year, our trainees will gain experience and training in two different partnership schools under the supervision of accomplished, experienced teachers.
- Support and advice is given to help every successful trainee to gain employment and many choose to work within our partnership schools.