Are you finding it increasingly difficult to recruit good or outstanding NQTs? Do you have a graduate teaching assistant who would like to train to become a primary school teacher? Would you like to share outstanding practice and inspire others to lead? Becoming a member of our partnership could be the answer. Please contact us
Chepping View Primary Academy is the lead school and SCITT provider of a partnership of schools that work together to provide local, high quality school centred initial teacher training to an increasing number of graduates. Chepping View Primary Academy was accredited as a SCITT in July 2014. Our overall aim is to provide outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers for schools in our local area, who demonstrate excellent practice and professionalism. As our number of trainees grows, we are looking for more partnership schools to work with.
Each trainee is placed in one of our partnership schools for most of the year, with a block of time spent in a second school during the spring term. Trainees generally spend four days a week in their school, supported by a Teacher Tutor and a School Mentor. Some partnership schools have two Trainees.
Each week, trainees receive either centre based training at Chepping View SCITT centre or attend seminars run by Oxford Brookes University. Many of our partner schools contribute to the training sessions, so that trainees can benefit from the wide range of skills and expertise amongst the different partner schools.
Schools in Buckinghamshire are finding it increasingly difficult to recruit high quality NQTs. By taking on a trainee and becoming part of the SCITT partnership – this could become easier. Partner schools are invited to be involved in the initial interview/recruitment process. The majority of the trainees are local and are looking for employment in our area, once they have qualified.
We are offering more school direct salaried positions for 2018-2019. Have you spotted talent amongst your support staff? Is someone showing huge potential to be an outstanding teacher? Would you be interested in receiving a funding grant towards the costs of growing a high-quality internal candidate? If any potential partner school is interested in supporting a salaried trainee in the future – then please do contact us.
Schools involved in our partnership :
- Ash Hill Primary School
- Booker Hill Primary and Nursery School
- The Buckinghamshire Primary Pupil Referral Unit
- Burford School, Marlow Bottom
- Carrington Infant School
- Carrington Junior School
- Castlefield School
- Chartridge Combined School
- Chepping View Primary Academy
- Chestnut Lane Infant School
- Chiltern Wood School
- Claytons Primary School
- Denham Green E-ACT Primary Academy
- The Disraeli School and Children’s Centre
- The Downley School
- Farnham Common Infant School
- Farnham Common Junior School
- Foxes Piece School
- Hamilton Academy
- Hazlemere Church of England Combined School
- Highworth Combined School and Nursery
- Holmer Green Junior School
- Hughenden Primary School
- King’s Wood School and Nursery
- Lane End Primary School
- Little Kingshill Combined School
- Loudwater Combined School
- Marlow Church of England Infant School
- Millbrook Combined School
- Monks Risborough Church of England Primary School
- Oakridge School
- Stokenchurch Primary School
- Woodside Junior School