Are you finding it increasingly difficult to recruit good or outstanding ECTs? Do you have a graduate teaching assistant who would like to train to become a primary school teacher? Would you like to share outstanding practice and inspire others to lead? Becoming a member of our partnership could be the answer. Please contact us.
Chepping View Primary Academy is the lead school and SCITT provider of a partnership of schools that work together to provide local, high quality school-centred initial teacher training programmes to teach in primary schools. Chepping View Primary Academy was accredited as a SCITT in July 2014. Our overall aim is to provide outstanding Early Career Teachers for schools in our local area, who demonstrate excellent practice and professionalism.
Each trainee is placed in one of our partnership schools for two terms (autumn and summer), with a block of time spent in a second school during the spring term. Trainees generally spend four days a week in their school, supported by a Teacher Tutor and a School-based Mentor.
Each week, trainees receive training at Chepping View SCITT centre with some attending seminars run by Oxford Brookes University, if they are choosing to study for a PGCE as well. Many of our partner schools contribute to the training sessions, so that trainees can benefit from the wide range of skills and expertise across the partnership.
Schools in Buckinghamshire are finding it increasingly difficult to recruit high quality ECTs. By taking on a trainee and becoming part of the SCITT partnership – this could become easier. Partner schools are invited to be involved in the initial interview/recruitment process. The majority of the trainees are local and are looking for employment in our area, once they have qualified.
Schools involved in our partnership :
- Abbey View Primary Academy
- Booker Hill Primary and Nursery School
- Castlefield School
- Chepping View Primary Academy
- Chestnut Lane Infant School
- Claytons Primary School
- The Disraeli School
- Hamilton Academy
- Hazlemere Church of England Combined School
- Iver Village Junior School
- Juniper Hill School
- King’s Wood School and Nursery
- Little Kingshill Combined School
- Loudwater Combined School
- Marlow Church of England Infant School
- Millbrook Combined School
- Monks Risborough Church of England Primary School
- Naphill and Walters Ash School
- Oakridge School
- Penn Wood Primary and Nursery School
- Woodside Junior School
We also work with a number of other local primary schools who provide Specialist Trainers with substantial subject knowledge and leadership expertise. The schools supporting us in this way include:-
- Buckingham Park Church of England Primary School
- Buckinghamshire Primary Pupil Referral Unit
- Highworth Combined School
- Holmer Green Junior School
- Lane End Primary School
- Sir William Borlase Grammar School
- Stokenchurch Primary School
- St Paul’s Church of England School
- William Harding School